Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thank the Generic Ethereal Being!

As a Michigander, I am entitled to be excited about above 40 degree weather. I was throughly excited to leader my dorm today and find that a lot of the snow around campus is melting. Sure it's exposing all the ugly, dirty snow and there's slush everywhere, but the end result is worth the wait.

Its interesting how just a few days of "warm" weather can make people feel less stressed and feel a little bit happier. At least, that's how it works for me. After this bitterly cold winter, with the blizzards and sub zero temperatures, 40-some degrees feels wonderful, and today has been a pretty cheery day. Although, the blizzards did give us a convient snow day the day after the Super Bowl.

Anyway, I'm really glad it's finally transisting into spring, because that means we'll all be able to shed the heavy winter clothes, boots, gloves, scarves and coats. Just knowing I won't have to jumble around my heavy winter coat in the lecture halls is exciting. I brought out my spring jacket for the first time this year, and I even opened the window because my room was too warm. Of course, then it got too cold, but that's beside the point.

Another thing that the coming of spring means is Spring Break.. which is in a week and a half, and also the end of this semester, after which I'll be able to move back home for a few months of summer bliss.

So, bless the sun and it's brilliant rays of light, defeating the vicious snow and making it run down the hills on Western's campus, and huzzah for Spring Break.. in a week and a half!!