Monday, October 3, 2011

Poof Ball Hat

Feeling much better than I was a few days ago. I had a called about an interview for a place I really wanted, and they asked me to come back for a sort of second interview, where I will get a little training so they can see how well I would work, I guess. That's tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

Thursday night, after Mike passed out from eating five pieces of stuffed crust pizza...

Photobucket

I made a new hat. I followed the boy beanie pattern from Stitch and Bitch: The Happy Hooker, at least for most of it, and modified it a bit, made the poof ball, ear flaps and the little strings hanging down from the ear flaps.

Here's the picture:




I'm pretty happy with the way it came out. And of course it's bright and happy. Yay.

I'm also trying to work on my Lions afghan, which should be interesting. I'm losing my patience with carrying yarn, so I think I'm at the point where I'm gonna start cutting ends and weaving them in as I go. Alternatively, after it's finished, I could always get some fleece and sew it onto the back of it, leaving the stupid ends wherever I felt like, and you wouldn't even be able to tell. So I'm keeping that as an option as I go. Pictures to come later.