Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ASUS tablet cozie!

I thought I wrote a post about this, but apparently not!! So here we go!

A few months ago, I bought the ASUS eee pad transformer. I love it. But that's beside the point. I needed something to put it in to protect the screen until I could buy a case.... which I finally did today, btw.

I used some of my Bernet Cotton Stripes yarn that I bought on clearance at JoAnns a while ago. I figured that would be the best choice, because the cotton thread seemed less likely to scratch the screen.

I can't remember what size hook I used, but it was probably H. I used double crochet, and just made one long piece, then (badly) sewed up the sides, and added that little flap with holes to be held down by those two green buttons.  Yes, I'm not happy with the way I sewed the sides together. I think I was being lazy and decided to crochet it instead of whipping out the yarn needle and doing it nicer. But oh well. Life goes on, right?





There it is, open and closed. I mostly like that it's pinks and white, which gives something I picture being a boy-ish product a little bit of a feminine touch. Not to mention my "flower in the water" background. Ha.

On a side note:

GO DETROIT LIONS! While they still look a little pitiful sometimes, like getting 245984938725 penalties during the game and not REALLY playing until they get to the second half, they still won, and they are still 5-0 and they still have now won 9 games in a row (including the four last year).

I think I'm going to modify my blog right now to go with the Lions colors.