Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Virgina Tech

I just finished reading an article about the Virgina Tech Shooting. I feel sick to my stomach.

The article went into detail about the shooting, and the sounds of the gun being fired over and over again, killing and wounding innocent students.

My heart goes out to the students, teachers and family members of those killed or wounded by the shooter.

I just couldn't believe it when I read the article. My mom had sent me an e-mail saying that a gunman killed a bunch of people there, but it didn't fully dawn on me until I read that article I have linked above.

I feel angry at the guy who brought the gun into the dorm building. How could he stand there and just shoot a bunch of innocent people, with an "eerily calm expression on his face?" Why would he do that? I'm sure there's some reason inside his mind for doing it, but no one will know, because the coward shot himself in the head.

This is another one of those incidents that will go down in history, like the Columbine shooting. Where some kid goes and shoots a bunch of his peers.

Someone must really have something wrong with them if they can actually shoot someone. I'm not just talking about this time, but every time someone wields a gun and fires it at a human being. A living, breathing human, with a family, a history, goals, aspirations, wants and needs. Someone who is just like everyone else. How can one not feel remorse for killing someone.

I don't think people have taken the time to think about death. It's the ultimate end. It's irreversible. Once some one's heart stops, they're gone forever. So many of the people killed are killed young, before they ever hit their prime, before they could make a difference in the world in their own small way. Children lose parents, people lose siblings, husbands lose wives and wives lose husbands.

This incident has opened my eyes to how cruel some people are, that they can go in and shoot someone. No wonder this world has so many problems. We all want to kill each other. Why?