Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, New Post, Same Blog

I had an interview today with a financial services company. I don't want to say much about it, except that I found it really ironic that the man said he's not a high pressure sales person, but the way I felt in the interview made me feel like I couldn't leave until I said "SIGN ME UP!" And to top it all off, not an hour and a half after leaving, the person I interviewed with TEXTED me (mind you, this man is old enough to have grandchildren) to thank me for coming in and asking if a certain day was good for coming to meet with my parents... (I had told him I wanted to talk about it with my parents.) I feel really uncomfortable right now.

Anyways-

It's been a crazy year, and thank goodness it's a new year. But if that interview is an indication of how this year is going to go... then maybe I don't want to do this year.

Let's see... had a break up, several months of partying, got together with a guy who just blows the last few out of the water, got a job (but not one I want), still living with my parents, no car- among other things.

But I suppose we shouldn't be starting the year off with a negative attitude.

In a glass half full sort of mind set, here's what has happened already: Lions won four games in a row, thus keeping themselves from being in last place for their division, I did, after all, get an interview, work has finally slowed down after the holidays, and I'm trying to write in this blog again.

So let's see how this year goes and maybe I can be more consistent about writing in here.