Thursday, August 4, 2011

You'd think she'd know...

A while ago, on Ravelry, I found these really cute Angry Birds patterns for crochet. I didn't realize it at the time, but apparently you had to pay for these patterns.

Now I'm pretty sure this person was not a part of the company who had the license to sell Angry Birds products and make a profit off of them. You'd think she'd know, as I believe she is a frequent seller of patterns, that you can't make money off of something that is the likeness of a copyrighted product.

So now, those patterns are unavailable because she was asked to stop selling the patterns for a profit. Why was she selling them in the first place? If you look on Ravelry, there are tons of other patterns of people like Mario, characters from Despicable Me etc... and these patterns remain on the site. Because no one is making an illegal profit off the likenesses.

I hope that someone else comes up with the patterns and doesn't try to sell them so I can make them.

I feel bad for ranting about this person, but I mean, come on!