Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blog.. what?!

How come so many blogs I see online are just random pictures people find and they write one or two sentences about them, and some how they are considered a popular and amazing blog? I really just don't understand it. Where are the blogs where people actually spend time thinking about what they want to write and writing intelligently about it. I really wouldn't mind reading more blogs like that, but all the "notable" ones on this website are simply pictures with a couple of words.

So what does this mean? Do bloggers really have short attention spans that they can't focus on reading something for too long? Is that why we need pictures to look at?

Now, I will admit that I enjoy looking at pictures as much as the next person, but I still don't understand how that's considered good blogging! Would people actually start reading mine if I threw in some picture I found online and wrote: "Today I looked at the sun." Would I have the most popular blog on the internet?

For the sake of my sanity, I hope not.

Maybe there's some other server out there that has blogs worth reading. Even journal type blogs aren't that bad, I just don't agree. I'd rather have my personal life that I display on the internet (like that one commercial) be limited to the people in my friends list only. That way not everyone can read it.

Anyway, maybe I'm overreacting but whatever. Bloggers, let's write something intelligent.