I don't really like cell phones, even though mine is attached to me like a third year. I don't use it that much, though. But some people abuse cell phones. If I could write the rules for Cell Phone Etiquette, it would go something like this:
1. Never, under any circumstances, answer your phone during a movie in a public place. Or a meeting. Turn it off, silent or vibrate.
2. If you are on a date with someone, don't answer your phone, or text.
3. Turn off your phone during class. I hate hearing people's phones go off in the middle of class.
4. Don't try to use sarcasm via text message.
5. Don't ask out/break up with someone via text message.
6. If you're in a loud place, don't bother answering your phone. It's only annoying for you and the person calling you.
7. If you're hanging out with somene, don't have a 10 minute or longer conversation with someone on the phone. Also, don't call someone else while hanging out with someone else.
8. If with a group, excuse yourself if you must answer your phone. No one wants to hear your conversation.
9. Turn the volume down on your phone. If everyone can hear the person on the other line as clearly as if they were standing right there, it's too loud.
10. Choose your ring tone wisely.
11. Ring back tones are probably one of the most annoying features of a cell phone ever. Don't use them. Don't pay for them.
12. Just incase you forgot, don't answer your phone in the movie theatre. Ever. There is absolutly no reason to answer your phone.
13. If calling someone, pay attention to when the other person answers. Don't carry on a conversation with someone else while waiting for the call-ee to pick up their phone.
14. Leave a voicemail.
15. Listen to the voicemail before calling the person back.
16. If you call someone and they don't answer and you don't leave a voice mail, wait a few minutes before trying to call again. They might have just missed the call and are calling you back right now.
17. Learn how to use the call waiting feature on your phone, mostly for when you're leaving a voicemail for someone, and they are calling you back.
18. Call waiting forces you to choose between two people. Guess who's going to feel less important once you switch over to the other line.
19. Pay attention to people when you're talking to them on the phone. There's nothing more annoying than hearing "What? Can you say that again?"
20. Hang up when using a public service type thing, like ordering food at a resturant or whatever.
21. Get off the phone while driving.
That's all I really wanna complain about right now. heh. Yes, most of these are pet peeves, but I'm sure I'm not alone in most of these.
Cell Phones are annoying.